The most dreaded card in the deck, Death is Scorpio ruled and has a utter finality about it. By the time we get to this point, it’s beyond rescue. I’ll spare you the speech about how Tarot Death is not the same as physical death, and the “fresh start” imagery. I consider it a disservice to pretend like this is bright, feel-good energy. It’s not.
There are plenty of factors to comfort us with Death energy, however.
- Death is a fresh start, if nothing else.
- Whatever falls with the Death card, it needed to. Death doesn’t generally show up for something that could have been fixed, you know?
- Death energy roots out infection, rot, lies and unsound structures of all sorts. In short, it’s the sickness that dies.
- Death brings and end. Endings are perquisite for new beginnings.
- Death is not equivocal. There is no confusion or hesitation or false hopes here. You know where it stands.
Maybe these things are cold comfort if you are not happy about what’s happened. But it doesn’t matter much if you’re happy about it or not, because it’s beyond being up to you or me or anybody else. So best make the best of what you’ve got. You know? That’s how you keep on living.
Are you seeing Death’s grip?
|Easy Tarot: Learn to Read the Cards Once and For All! |
by Josephine Ellershaw
Schedule a session with Dixie.