I am an emotional creature. I value strong emotion as an important part of who I am, though it sometimes presents it’s own complications. To compensate, I’ve had to develop some skill in managing emotional response without overwhelming anyone too near the strike zone.
Thank you, Saturn.
Naturally, I’m not always perfect at this endeavor. You can just ask the landlady, after my butterfly bush meltdown.
But more often than not, I am successful. I step back. I ground. I meditate, at least when I get to the point that I can. I journal. I go outside. I clean. I take a nap. I distract myself in whatever way seems to help. In short, I do everything I know how to do to talk myself off that ledge.
I mean, dumping an inferno of emotion purges, that’s for sure. But while it relieves the pressure, that out-of-control feeling just sucks and there’s always a hangover after the fact. It’s just not who I want to be, you know? That’s not how I want to feel. So I do my damnedest to take a different route.
Next week, I’m expecting how we handle intense emotion to have relevance.
We’ve got a slew of repeats from recent weeks and inversions galore. It has the feel of sludging through mud, man. And notice the dominance of the cups in the week’s cards. Emotions remain “a thing” with a friendly, yellow-alert level Tarot-reader advisory to reign in knee-jerk responses (lest you have something to regret later). We’re wanting to sidestep the collateral damage factor. It can be done, but will require restraint to pull off. Enforce a grace period before acting on strong emotions this week. #OnMyRadar Click To Tweet
Weekly Tarot Forecast in Bullet Points
- Monday, Eight of Swords rx. You’ll have the chance to free yourself from the knots you’ve been tied up in, right here. Open window of opportunity, and you’ll likely get a nudge to go. Don’t hesitate, it moves fast.
- Tuesday, Three of Cups rx. Don’t expect your friends to necessarily “get you.” That’s too much to ask. Look to feel comfortable in your own skin and the rest doesn’t matter. It’s your job to get you and nobody else’s.
- Wednesday, King of Cups rx. Emotional impulsivity is a potential issue. If you’re feeling strongly, don’t complete the real world activity without emotionally stabilizing. Powerful emotions that are very short term.
- Thursday, Five of Wands rx. Pick your battles! I mean, you can pick all of ’em if you want, but it would be unnecessary bickering.
- Friday, Three of Pentacles rx. Life won’t go as you planned. It’s still okay. Just be flexible.
- Saturday, Ten of Cups upright. YAY! This is a good time. Hook up with your family–blood or heart family, either way. Surround yourself with loving vibes however you can, even if it’s just the thoughts you are thinking.
- Sunday, Empress rx. Even inverted, it’s still a good card. Prioritize self-care. Don’t expect everything will just fall into place perfectly today, because maybe not. But progress is good enough.
- Overview/Advice: Knight of Cups reversed. FEELINGS are very strong and change very quickly. Give yourself a grace period, between feeling strong emotion and taking action this week. Grace periods will save your tail.
Maybe your experience will be different than what I’m expecting–I hope so! But even if it’s not, you can do this. Just give yourself a grace period before taking action to let the feelings enough that clarity can re-emerge. Take any real-world actions once you’re bathed in the energy you would like for the outcome and you’ll do well.
Much love, and stay safe out there.